Today I had an event on building 33. The event was from 9:30 to 12:00. At 9:30 I was still dropping off the girls in school, so I’d be late and I was sure that, being late, it would be very very hard to find a parking spot on that building.

So I parked on my old building (26) and took the trail until building (36) that is cross the street from the one I was going to (33). Total of about .7 miles.

At that time it was drizzling a little bit, but not much, so I did not get too wet.

Then, after about an hour in the event I got really bored and, because it was a private, secretive and confidential event, we were not allowed to use any devices to get us distracted.

I had set up lunch with a friend in building 41 at noon, so at about 11:00 I decided that it would do me more good to go for a 1-hour walk than to watch that boring event (going to the office was out of question, as it was in the opposite direction and made no sense at all to go there and then back again within 1 hour).

But by 11:00 the drizzle has become constant, steady rain. Then I thought:

“Well… if I do the trail I may not get too wet, because the trees provides some shelter.”

Then off I go to the trail again.

The thing is that the trail does provide shelter, when there are leaves on the trees! But we’re in WINTER, so no leaves out there!!!…

Needless to say I got pretty wet!

But that’s not all!

In the gravel trail there is an entrance to a smaller, narrower, dirt side trail. I have always seen it, always wanted to take it, but never did. So today, of any day, I decided to go and take the small, narrow, dirt (or should I say muddy?) side trail.

Yeah, it was muddy, but not too much, so that was not really an issue. The thing is that it’s surrounded by ferns, that sort of grows towards the trail, forcing you to slide your legs through them as you pass.

And it was raining a lot, so the ferns were very much wet.

Needless to say, my legs got pretty wet.

So by the time I arrived at building 41, I had my legs all wet, my jacket all wet, my hair dripping. Then I remembered those buildings have a locker room, and I was 20 minutes early anyways, so I went to the locker and spent 20 minutes trying to get dry with a ‘sandpaper’ towel. hahaha. The hair was fine. Pants no so much, although much better than when I got there.

My original idea when I parked in 26, considering that I’m totally out of shape and have a half-marathon to walk in less than a month was to walk to 33, then walk to 41, then walk to 86, then walk back to 26 at the end of the day.

Red route was the first not-so-wet one. The yeallow was the one that got me dripping water from my hair. The pink ones were the ones I gave up on doing...

Red route was the first not-so-wet one. The yeallow was the one that got me dripping water from my hair. The pink ones were the ones I gave up on doing…

But with the amount of water falling from the sky, I gave up part of the idea and after lunch at 41 I took my car, drove to 86, and call it the day for walking adventures…


On the first not-so-wet part of my walk today I also took the time to capture a few pictures from my favorite trail. On the second wet part, I decided to focus on walking only as a real training for the marathon.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s